So, yes, itâ€™s been awhile since I posted on here. Not sure why, but I just havenâ€™t felt like writing anything. Sometimes I used to feel like I had to write these mini-essays about whatever was on my mind, and at times I wrote some really stupid stuff just because I thought I had to. Iâ€™ll probably still do that, but Iâ€™ll do my best to make it somewhat entertaining. 🙂
What have I missed since January?
- The Super Bowl – The game was good; the commercials were terrible.
- birthday – My Dad turned 65 on February 11. He can stop singing that Beatles song now. Happy very belated birthday, Dad!
- Valentineâ€™s Day – I bought Monica an iPod; she was very happy which means I was very happy.
- DIY – We ripped up the vinyl flooring in our foyer and kitchen (NOT fun at all) and installed ceramic tile (actually not that difficult); it looks really good now even though I have a couple of things I still need to do to finish. Iâ€™ll post pictures showing our progress soon.
- the Oscars – I convinced myself not to watch this year but I did anyway. Hooray for will-power. Really a boring show even though John Stewart was mildly humorous. George Clooney is better than the rest of America, and he knows it.
- friends – Steve and Tanya held their engagement party in Richmond; we attended and had a great time. Congrats, guys!
- madness – My NCAA basketball bracket is in flames for another year. I think next year Iâ€™m going to get Jack to make my picks because I canâ€™t seem to fill out a good bracket to save my life.
- wireless – Monica and I both upgraded our mobile phones. Yes, we gave into the marketing hype and are now proud owners of a couple of PEBLs. We got an awesome deal at CompUSA which even included a free Bluetooth headset. Iâ€™m in the process of modding them, but since theyâ€™re so new, thereâ€™s not a whole lot of information about that yet.
Iâ€™m sure thereâ€™s other stuff that Iâ€™ve forgotten that I failed to mention. Anyway, Iâ€™m back. I didnâ€™t really go anywhere, but you know what I mean. Okay, back to watching basketball.